Skip to main content

Sunday Superchunk #4 (Sunday Shuffle #476)

I wasn't planning on doing this today. It's been almost 3 months since I last did a shuffle and I haven't really missed it. I last did a Superchunk-only version back in July, not long after I was on the Rockin' the Suburbs podcast talking about the band. In that post, I mentioned how I hope there would be an announcement of a new album soon. Well, their most recent album, What a Time to Be Alive, just came out on Friday. Naturally, I gorged on their music in anticipation and I've already played the new one a couple times. Furthermore, I had some gift cards from Christmas still hanging around and I have the new album in my iTunes (and a physical copy along the way), as well as new digital copies of their self-titled debut from 1990 (the last of their studio albums I didn't have) and their 2003 compilation Cup of Sand. So, it seems like a perfect time for Sunday Superchunk #4 to celebrate new and new-to-my-computer music of theirs...and you know what? I think the circumstances call for 20 songs today. As always, you can listen along via Spotify and I hope you do. I love this band and want to share them with everyone.

Let's get to today's twenty...

1. Staying Home (37) - from I Hate Music
2. Revelations (23) - from Foolish
3. With Bells On (1) - from Cup of Sand
4. Swinging (1) - from Superchunk
5. Marquee (24) - from Indoor Living
6. Lost My Brain (1) - from What a Time to Be Alive
7. Iron On (14) - from Here's Where The Strings Come In
8. 30 Xtra (34) - from No Pocky For Kitty
9. Low Branches (22) - from Come Pick Me Up
10. Anything Could Happen (1) - from Cup of Sand
11. Throwing Things (37) - from No Pocky For Kitty
12. Down the Hall (1) - from Superchunk
13. Still Feed Myself (1) - from Cup of Sand
14. Trash Heap (27) - from On the Mouth
15. Your Theme (39) - from I Hate Music
16. Dance Lessons (1) - from Cup of Sand
17. Good Dreams (21) - from Come Pick Me Up
18. Becoming a Speck (1) - from Cup of Sand
19. Clover (1) - from Cup of Sand
20. Green Flowers, Blue Fish (15) - from Here's Where The Strings Come In

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Shuffle #413

Summer is here and I'm happy that it is. Jill finished school this week, but Grant and I have to go through Friday. I have the week off from my TTT course, so I'm going to catch up on some reading and TV. There was baseball I could watch yesterday and I can watch some again today, so you can bet I'll be doing that. Few things bring me joy more than baseball and a book in my lap for between innings. Here's today's ten... 1. I 4 U & U 4 Me (Home Demo)/The Decemberists (15) - last played on 8/19/15 2. Part One/Band of Horses (6) - last played on 5/7/16 3. Shame Chamber/Kurt Vile (5) - last played on 7/23/15 4. In the Eyes of My Friends/Sugar (2) - last played on 10/5/14 5. I Could Have Done This Myself/Lightspeed Champion (4) - last played on 9/1/14 6. Nonstop Disco Powerpack/The Beastie Boys (10) - 5/15/16 7. Mountain/Lucero (7) - last played on 4/29/12 8. Evergreen/Matthew Sweet (1) - played countless times on CD 9. The Sleeping Beauty/American Music

Sunday Shuffle #479

I don't know if it's the weather, nostalgia, or something else, but I woke up feeling like I wanted to do a Sunday Shuffle today. I barely open up iTunes anymore and haven't downloaded new music into it in a long time...which also means I haven't listened to a lot of the music I have stored there in a while. So, this is simultaneously old and new in a way and that feels interesting to me this morning. Let's get to today's ten... 1. Pulling On A Line/Great Lake Swimmers (6) - last played on 11/8/15 2. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Of/U2 (7) - last played on 5/19/13 3. Us/Spoon (4) - last played on 11/24/17 4. Meat Is Murder/Shout Out Louds (6) - last played on 12/11/16 5. Different Days/Jason Isbell (11) - last played on 6/1/17 6. Another Way I Could Do It/Sloan (34) - last played on 6/22/18 7. Wizard Buys A Hat/The Mountain Goats (8) - last played on 2/12/17 8. Decks Dark/Radiohead (8) - last played on 7/10/18 9. Luisa/Jay Gonzalez (13) - last

Heavy Rotation #37

This past Friday was a big release day, with 4 new albums that I will probably be listening to over and over again. That means it's probably time to write about what I've been into over the last month-and-a-half or so. Sound good? Phoebe Bridgers/Stranger in the Alps - Before last fall, I hadn't listened to any of Bridgers' music. Sure, I knew of her, but that was it. It wasn't until Boygenius (the group she's in with Julien Baker and Lucy Dacus) that I really heard anything she'd done. Their EP is great, so I thought it was time to expand my horizons and give this one a listen. Better late than never is a cliche for a reason, right? Anyway, the album starts off very strong with "Smoke Signals" and "Motion Sickness." The former is contemplative and moody and lovely with killer lyrics while the latter is more prickly and up-tempo with (again) killer lyrics. It's a strong start to the album. If I had to pick one track to get someon