Skip to main content

Sunday Shuffle #419

Today's my 23rd anniversary, so I'm taking the shuffle all the way to 23 songs..

1. She Comes To Me In Dreams/Great Lake Swimmers (6) - last played on 2/28/16
2. on the occasion of a departure (ps 39:4)/The Prayers and Tears of Arthur Digby Sellers (7) - last played on 10/21/12
3. Electric Music/Band of Horses (16) - last played on 6/9/16
4. Racing Like A Pro/The National (16) - last played on 4/9/16
5. Radio Campaign/M. Ward (4) - last played on 3/25/12
6. Fear City/Elliott Smith (7) - last played on 10/5/14
7. 36 Inches High/Nick Lowe (7) - last played on 1/3/16
8. Brief Candles/The Zombies (14) - last played on 5/22/16
9. I Want To/Best Coast (9) - last played on 5/22/16
10. Ballad Of Wendy Baker/Ben Kweller (14) - last played on 10/11/15
11. Back to Your Heart/Dinosaur Jr. (10) - last played on 2/20/16
12. Patterns/Telekinesis (26) - last played on 4/10/16
13. In My Dreams/Eels (7) - last played on 2/21/16
14. The Appleblossom Rag/Josh Ritter (19) - last played on 11/22/15
15. I'll Cry Instead/The Beatles (5) - last played on 3/20/11
16. The Beach/Dr. Dog (5) - last played on 3/27/11
17. Time Stops/Teenage Fanclub (10) - last played on 1/30/16
18. Press/Superchunk (23) - last played on 6/29/16
19. After All the Roads Have Led to Nowhere (Live)/Sugar (4) - last played on 12/13/15
20. You (Beds, Bridges, Books)/Tom Adamson (6) - last played on 3/25/12
21. How I Left the Ministry/The Extra Lens (7) - last played on 6/2/13
22. Long Before My Time/The Baseball Project (4) - last played on 4/4/15
23. This Is Something I Might Miss/I Love Math (8) - last played on 4/24/15

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heavy Rotation #37

This past Friday was a big release day, with 4 new albums that I will probably be listening to over and over again. That means it's probably time to write about what I've been into over the last month-and-a-half or so. Sound good? Phoebe Bridgers/Stranger in the Alps - Before last fall, I hadn't listened to any of Bridgers' music. Sure, I knew of her, but that was it. It wasn't until Boygenius (the group she's in with Julien Baker and Lucy Dacus) that I really heard anything she'd done. Their EP is great, so I thought it was time to expand my horizons and give this one a listen. Better late than never is a cliche for a reason, right? Anyway, the album starts off very strong with "Smoke Signals" and "Motion Sickness." The former is contemplative and moody and lovely with killer lyrics while the latter is more prickly and up-tempo with (again) killer lyrics. It's a strong start to the album. If I had to pick one track to get someon...

Sunday Shuffle #479

I don't know if it's the weather, nostalgia, or something else, but I woke up feeling like I wanted to do a Sunday Shuffle today. I barely open up iTunes anymore and haven't downloaded new music into it in a long time...which also means I haven't listened to a lot of the music I have stored there in a while. So, this is simultaneously old and new in a way and that feels interesting to me this morning. Let's get to today's ten... 1. Pulling On A Line/Great Lake Swimmers (6) - last played on 11/8/15 2. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Of/U2 (7) - last played on 5/19/13 3. Us/Spoon (4) - last played on 11/24/17 4. Meat Is Murder/Shout Out Louds (6) - last played on 12/11/16 5. Different Days/Jason Isbell (11) - last played on 6/1/17 6. Another Way I Could Do It/Sloan (34) - last played on 6/22/18 7. Wizard Buys A Hat/The Mountain Goats (8) - last played on 2/12/17 8. Decks Dark/Radiohead (8) - last played on 7/10/18 9. Luisa/Jay Gonzalez (13) - last ...

Sunday Shuffle #353

Last chance for Christmas music to be in the mix... 1. If I Can't Change Your Mind/Sugar (9) - last played on 10/5/13 2. Water Wings/Superchunk (17) - last played on 7/22/14 3. City Swan/Neko Case (19) - last played on 9/21/14 4. Great Dane/Mates Of State (5) - last played on 7/29/12 5. Technology/The Whigs (3) - last played on 1/1/12 6. Bay of Pigs/Destroyer (3) - last played on 10/30/14 7. Don't You Wanna Come Out/The Redwalls (4) - last played on 8/19/12 8. The Toro and The Toreador/Ted Leo (7) - last played on 1/20/13 9. Sacred Trickster/Sonic Youth (3) - last played on 5/20/12 10. Baby and the Band/Imperial Teen (4) - last played on 10/2/11 *Note on "Bay of Pigs": This is the single version; the version on Kaputt has 9 plays *Note on "The Toro and The Toreador": The credit should read Ted Leo/Pharmacists too many slashes are confusing