Skip to main content

Sunday Soar (Sunday Shuffle #416)

It's time for another themed installment of Sunday Shuffle and today I'm focusing on Band of Horses. Their new album, Why Are You OK, came out just over a week ago and I've given it a few spins. It's a solid entry into their catalog, which includes four other albums; the 10th anniversary of their first album, Everything All The Time, occurred back in March. There are 55 songs spread over those five albums (the first album and Cease To Begin were only recently loaded into iTunes), which means we'll get to 18% of them this morning. Before we get to today's ten, I'd like to take a moment and wish a Happy Father's Day to those it applies to, with a special mention to two big music fans who are celebrating their first one - Ryan McCracken (my awesome cousin) and Brett Evans (who just became a father this week)! Alright, let's hear some tunes!

1. Neighbor (30) - from Infinite Arms
2. Compliments (29) - from Infinite Arms
3. Weed Party (7) - from Everything All The Time
4. Factory (31) - from Infinite Arms
5. Whatever, Wherever (4) - Why Are You OK
6. Part One (8) - from Everything All The Time
7. Blue Beard (29) - from Infinite Arms
8. Solemn Oath (4) - from Why Are You OK
9. Window Blues (3) - from Cease To Begin
10. Monsters (9) - from Everything All The Time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heavy Rotation #37

This past Friday was a big release day, with 4 new albums that I will probably be listening to over and over again. That means it's probably time to write about what I've been into over the last month-and-a-half or so. Sound good? Phoebe Bridgers/Stranger in the Alps - Before last fall, I hadn't listened to any of Bridgers' music. Sure, I knew of her, but that was it. It wasn't until Boygenius (the group she's in with Julien Baker and Lucy Dacus) that I really heard anything she'd done. Their EP is great, so I thought it was time to expand my horizons and give this one a listen. Better late than never is a cliche for a reason, right? Anyway, the album starts off very strong with "Smoke Signals" and "Motion Sickness." The former is contemplative and moody and lovely with killer lyrics while the latter is more prickly and up-tempo with (again) killer lyrics. It's a strong start to the album. If I had to pick one track to get someon...

Sunday Shuffle #479

I don't know if it's the weather, nostalgia, or something else, but I woke up feeling like I wanted to do a Sunday Shuffle today. I barely open up iTunes anymore and haven't downloaded new music into it in a long time...which also means I haven't listened to a lot of the music I have stored there in a while. So, this is simultaneously old and new in a way and that feels interesting to me this morning. Let's get to today's ten... 1. Pulling On A Line/Great Lake Swimmers (6) - last played on 11/8/15 2. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Of/U2 (7) - last played on 5/19/13 3. Us/Spoon (4) - last played on 11/24/17 4. Meat Is Murder/Shout Out Louds (6) - last played on 12/11/16 5. Different Days/Jason Isbell (11) - last played on 6/1/17 6. Another Way I Could Do It/Sloan (34) - last played on 6/22/18 7. Wizard Buys A Hat/The Mountain Goats (8) - last played on 2/12/17 8. Decks Dark/Radiohead (8) - last played on 7/10/18 9. Luisa/Jay Gonzalez (13) - last ...

Sunday Shuffle #353

Last chance for Christmas music to be in the mix... 1. If I Can't Change Your Mind/Sugar (9) - last played on 10/5/13 2. Water Wings/Superchunk (17) - last played on 7/22/14 3. City Swan/Neko Case (19) - last played on 9/21/14 4. Great Dane/Mates Of State (5) - last played on 7/29/12 5. Technology/The Whigs (3) - last played on 1/1/12 6. Bay of Pigs/Destroyer (3) - last played on 10/30/14 7. Don't You Wanna Come Out/The Redwalls (4) - last played on 8/19/12 8. The Toro and The Toreador/Ted Leo (7) - last played on 1/20/13 9. Sacred Trickster/Sonic Youth (3) - last played on 5/20/12 10. Baby and the Band/Imperial Teen (4) - last played on 10/2/11 *Note on "Bay of Pigs": This is the single version; the version on Kaputt has 9 plays *Note on "The Toro and The Toreador": The credit should read Ted Leo/Pharmacists too many slashes are confusing