Skip to main content

Sunday Shuffle #410

It's the Mother's Day edition of the Sunday Shuffle...which doesn't really change much of anything. We are going to see Captain America; Civil War in a little while and I have cleaning to do, so there will probably be a gap in the songs this morning. Not that you'll notice, but I thought I'd give you the inside baseball.

I saw Bob Mould in concert at The Metro with my friend Scott on Friday night. It was a great show. I almost made today's shuffle one that just focused on him, but since I've mostly listened to him this week, I thought I'd take a tour around my iTunes instead. If you're interested, I put together a Spotify playlist of the set.

Anyway, Happy Mother's Day to those of you to whom this applies! Let's get to today's ten...

1. Shadow of Love/Sloan (27) - last played on 11/27/15
2. Cheers and Applause/Portastatic (6) - last played on 5/3/15
3. Pedestrian At Best/Courtney Barnett (15) - last played on 5/1/16
4. Armchairs/Andrew Bird (6) - last played on 4/4/15
5. Nature Of The Experiment/Tokyo Police Club (5) - last played on 3/18/12

So here's where I left off hours ago. In the interim, we did see Civil War (which I really really likes) and I watched the Cubs for 13 innings (4 game sweep of the Nationals after a 3 game sweep of the Pirates). Got some reading done during the latter too, but that still leaves some housecleaning. Also in the interim, the new Radiohead album came out and I might have to get on that tonight. Anyway, back to the music...

6. You Know Who You Are/Nada Surf (16) - last played on 5/1/16
7. Rider/Okkervil River (14) - last played on 6/9/13
8. Off Work/Thurston Moore (4) - last played on 3/24/13
9. Sulphur to Sugarcane/Elvis Costello (5) - last played on 8/25/15
10. Rule of Three/The Lemonheads (11) - last played on 3/23/15

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heavy Rotation #37

This past Friday was a big release day, with 4 new albums that I will probably be listening to over and over again. That means it's probably time to write about what I've been into over the last month-and-a-half or so. Sound good? Phoebe Bridgers/Stranger in the Alps - Before last fall, I hadn't listened to any of Bridgers' music. Sure, I knew of her, but that was it. It wasn't until Boygenius (the group she's in with Julien Baker and Lucy Dacus) that I really heard anything she'd done. Their EP is great, so I thought it was time to expand my horizons and give this one a listen. Better late than never is a cliche for a reason, right? Anyway, the album starts off very strong with "Smoke Signals" and "Motion Sickness." The former is contemplative and moody and lovely with killer lyrics while the latter is more prickly and up-tempo with (again) killer lyrics. It's a strong start to the album. If I had to pick one track to get someon...

Sunday Shuffle #479

I don't know if it's the weather, nostalgia, or something else, but I woke up feeling like I wanted to do a Sunday Shuffle today. I barely open up iTunes anymore and haven't downloaded new music into it in a long time...which also means I haven't listened to a lot of the music I have stored there in a while. So, this is simultaneously old and new in a way and that feels interesting to me this morning. Let's get to today's ten... 1. Pulling On A Line/Great Lake Swimmers (6) - last played on 11/8/15 2. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Of/U2 (7) - last played on 5/19/13 3. Us/Spoon (4) - last played on 11/24/17 4. Meat Is Murder/Shout Out Louds (6) - last played on 12/11/16 5. Different Days/Jason Isbell (11) - last played on 6/1/17 6. Another Way I Could Do It/Sloan (34) - last played on 6/22/18 7. Wizard Buys A Hat/The Mountain Goats (8) - last played on 2/12/17 8. Decks Dark/Radiohead (8) - last played on 7/10/18 9. Luisa/Jay Gonzalez (13) - last ...

Sunday Shuffle #353

Last chance for Christmas music to be in the mix... 1. If I Can't Change Your Mind/Sugar (9) - last played on 10/5/13 2. Water Wings/Superchunk (17) - last played on 7/22/14 3. City Swan/Neko Case (19) - last played on 9/21/14 4. Great Dane/Mates Of State (5) - last played on 7/29/12 5. Technology/The Whigs (3) - last played on 1/1/12 6. Bay of Pigs/Destroyer (3) - last played on 10/30/14 7. Don't You Wanna Come Out/The Redwalls (4) - last played on 8/19/12 8. The Toro and The Toreador/Ted Leo (7) - last played on 1/20/13 9. Sacred Trickster/Sonic Youth (3) - last played on 5/20/12 10. Baby and the Band/Imperial Teen (4) - last played on 10/2/11 *Note on "Bay of Pigs": This is the single version; the version on Kaputt has 9 plays *Note on "The Toro and The Toreador": The credit should read Ted Leo/Pharmacists too many slashes are confusing