Skip to main content

Sunday Shuffle #272

It's been over a month since I've had a post that wasn't a Sunday Shuffle. I do want to write about a few things, so hopefully I will get to them in the coming week,which is the last week of school before spring break. Speaking of spring, the weather this past week has been simply amazing, hasn't it? It's felt like late May or June. Anyway, let's see what pops up today...

1. Sunday's Pretty Icons/Belle and Sebastian (14) - Fear is no hole in which to hide
2. Waving Flags/British Sea Power (4) - You are astronomic gold (?)
3. Lover For A Friend/The Hoodoo Gurus (5) - I, I need a lover for a friend
4. Take My Hands, We're Free/Oakley Hall (4) - And the road is gone
5. 911/Delta Spirit (11) - Say good morning to my friends/oh my lord, it's 6 AM
6. Robbers/Cold War Kids (2) - Soaking, walking around the city after dark
7. Welfare Bread/King Khan And The Shrines (2) - Baby, there's something I can teach you
8. These Days Nothing But Sunshine/The Clientele (6) - These days nothing but sunshine
9. ¡ No Me Lo Des!/Crooked Fingers (4) - ?? (can't parse the Spanish)
10. Nature Of The Experiment/Tokyo Police Club (4) - We've got our tracks covered thanks to your older brother

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heavy Rotation #37

This past Friday was a big release day, with 4 new albums that I will probably be listening to over and over again. That means it's probably time to write about what I've been into over the last month-and-a-half or so. Sound good? Phoebe Bridgers/Stranger in the Alps - Before last fall, I hadn't listened to any of Bridgers' music. Sure, I knew of her, but that was it. It wasn't until Boygenius (the group she's in with Julien Baker and Lucy Dacus) that I really heard anything she'd done. Their EP is great, so I thought it was time to expand my horizons and give this one a listen. Better late than never is a cliche for a reason, right? Anyway, the album starts off very strong with "Smoke Signals" and "Motion Sickness." The former is contemplative and moody and lovely with killer lyrics while the latter is more prickly and up-tempo with (again) killer lyrics. It's a strong start to the album. If I had to pick one track to get someon...

Sunday Shuffle #479

I don't know if it's the weather, nostalgia, or something else, but I woke up feeling like I wanted to do a Sunday Shuffle today. I barely open up iTunes anymore and haven't downloaded new music into it in a long time...which also means I haven't listened to a lot of the music I have stored there in a while. So, this is simultaneously old and new in a way and that feels interesting to me this morning. Let's get to today's ten... 1. Pulling On A Line/Great Lake Swimmers (6) - last played on 11/8/15 2. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Of/U2 (7) - last played on 5/19/13 3. Us/Spoon (4) - last played on 11/24/17 4. Meat Is Murder/Shout Out Louds (6) - last played on 12/11/16 5. Different Days/Jason Isbell (11) - last played on 6/1/17 6. Another Way I Could Do It/Sloan (34) - last played on 6/22/18 7. Wizard Buys A Hat/The Mountain Goats (8) - last played on 2/12/17 8. Decks Dark/Radiohead (8) - last played on 7/10/18 9. Luisa/Jay Gonzalez (13) - last ...

Sunday Shuffle #353

Last chance for Christmas music to be in the mix... 1. If I Can't Change Your Mind/Sugar (9) - last played on 10/5/13 2. Water Wings/Superchunk (17) - last played on 7/22/14 3. City Swan/Neko Case (19) - last played on 9/21/14 4. Great Dane/Mates Of State (5) - last played on 7/29/12 5. Technology/The Whigs (3) - last played on 1/1/12 6. Bay of Pigs/Destroyer (3) - last played on 10/30/14 7. Don't You Wanna Come Out/The Redwalls (4) - last played on 8/19/12 8. The Toro and The Toreador/Ted Leo (7) - last played on 1/20/13 9. Sacred Trickster/Sonic Youth (3) - last played on 5/20/12 10. Baby and the Band/Imperial Teen (4) - last played on 10/2/11 *Note on "Bay of Pigs": This is the single version; the version on Kaputt has 9 plays *Note on "The Toro and The Toreador": The credit should read Ted Leo/Pharmacists too many slashes are confusing